Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Indoor Waterfalls

The sound of running water is a calming sound and I know in the States people will put out a lot of money to make indoor fountains. In my house the sound of running water means there is a big problem. Also hearing the water over the crash of thunder and excitement of lightning is near impossible. We had previously survived our first hurricane without consequence, but yesterdays thunder and lightning storm was formidable. I closed the windows and sat inside with Magi while we waited for Eric to come and give her a lift home. When I walked her to the door I realized that I was splashing to the door.

hmmm....

After helping Magi out to the car I had to find where the water was coming in... Then I saw it!



If you look closely behind me you will see a wet wall, the water was coming in our wall. There is a telephone jack and for some reason the water was pouring in through there. After inspecting the rest of the house we found the same happening in three rooms. To clean up Eric swept the rain waters out the front door while I mopped. What an evening. By 7pm all was back to normal and one of the young boys we know stopped by for a visit. He played games on the computer while we talked to Eric's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment