Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 and counting

On Sunday we gathered friends to celebrate my birthday. I served burrito bar which was a big hit, although tortillas are not a favorite around here and I did not offer any ketchup or mayonnaise. It was a lot of fun to get the crew together. I was sitting in the garden with Bau, Alberto, Milagros, and Rod when Bau mentioned how it has been a long time since this group was all together. A lot has changed since I came down here as an intern. Many of my friends have families and jobs now, but it is more than that. The church is different right now. The unity that we once had is not there. It was a nice birthday present for me to see my friends together enjoying each others company.

I am praying for unity to be restored and that we could care for another in such a way that people will know that we are in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment