Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In One Weeks Time


In one week I have gotten very close to officially launching my fundraising campaign for the fall quarter. I am still trying to collect my testimonies from teachers, parents and students that has proved to be the hardest part. We have set up a mass email account so that I can easily communicate. But what is even more amazing is that we received a $100 gift even before really launching the campaign. I am excited to see if my ideas will actually work. I have some fear that these fund raisers won't go anywhere.

It is times when I wonder where my fundraising will go that I have to remember that the most important thing that I am here for is relationships. I am here to love people and be loved by people. I am here to share my life, to show people God is a living being and not just words on paper. I am here because long ago these relationships were started and they have continued to affect my life. I am here because this is where the door to work was open for Eric. Our surroundings have changed but not who we are. We continue to live our lives in service to each other and our community. I used to think the life of a missionary was very different from that of a "normal person." But when I gave up the idea of being a missionary I quickly learned that brokenness is everywhere. In the church in the streets with the rich and with the poor. We all need healing.

We all need to learn how to live life in a way that heals. Jesus said he came to bind up the broken hearted. Now that my heart has been bound and healed my passion is to bind the hearts of those around me.

3 comments: