Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Moved In With The Folks

I turned in the keys to our apartment earlier today, and we have officially moved in with my parents. There was a HUGE pile of junk in their garage for a couple days, but I’ve mostly got it trimmed down to our luggage, the stuff I put up in the attic, and the junk I pawned off on our friends (thanks friends!). So far it’s cool living with family, but they’re already starting to get nostalgic of our childhood. Just this evening they’ve listed at least 9 of the cute things we did as kids. We were VERY cool kids, apparently.

I didn’t know how much moving in with the folks would put our upcoming adventure in time perspective. Getting everything packed as if we are leaving has reminded me how close we are to leaving. We have 40 days left! I feel almost ready… does anyone ever feel fully ready for this sort of thing? Since I’ve never done anything like this I don’t even know how to know if I’m ready or not. It’s exciting and overwhelming at the same time. I’ve managed to short circuit a few times, which never really feels great, and usually requires a few hours recovering equilibrium on my brother’s Xbox 360. But other than that I’m doing pretty well. I’m close to finishing my final class for continuing education, and that should leave me plenty of time to read Pop’s new book and the required readings for new teachers at Santiago Christian School.

We are grateful that God has provided us a place to live this month. Most of us have heard that God will provide, and we say it to each other with some frequency. It is one thing to hear it, and another to actually see the places that God is already providing. It feels good to know that God has been providing, and helps us remember that God will continue to take care of us. Kisha only needs a few more people to sign up for the monthly contributions, which is really good. We could still use some help with the one-time giving, so it’s not too late to join the action.

But now I must retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment