Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Final Paper

I just turned in my final paper! This means that I should be right on track for the license renewal by my birthday. I’m extremely grateful that I was able to stop working and focus on the school part… I’m not sure if I would have been able to finish while working at the clinic.

Kisha also finished her schooling this week, which means that we’ve passed another mile marker in our adventure. School was one of the loose ends that we needed to tie down before we move to the DR, and now Kisha will have her associate degree and I will have a 10 year renewal on my teaching license. Things seem to be moving quickly, with at least one big thing on the agenda for each week. Next week will be Kisha’s last day of work, and we’ll have less than 30 days to finish everything up.

I’m still waiting for my passport, so if you’re praying you might keep that in mind. I sent it off over a month ago, and had to re-send the application a couple weeks ago. Pray that it gets back to me with the quickness so that it won’t interrupt travel plans! Also, pray for good connections with people when we get down there. We have a church family that Kisha already mostly knows, but I’m just getting to know everybody. Normally that’s a non-issue, but there is more of a language barrier with this particular gig. The people were extremely kind and easy to get along with when we were down there for vacation, so I’m not super worried about it, but I’m praying for a couple of really good, really close relationships for myself (I know, everything is always me, me, me). Pray for Kisha as she finishes her last week of work, that she can finish strong and with as little stress as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment