Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prayers & Answers

We’ve been praying a lot since Kisha’s last post. There is nothing like logistics to get God’s people on their knees with the quickness! It’s been good, and I hope to be reflecting more and more on what great stuff God has been doing in our lives lately.

We had a partial answer to our prayers for provision last night. One of our friends got a hold of us because he found a really nice apartment near his place. The photos below are what he sent us. It’s a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2nd floor apartment that has a place to park a car and hot water (not all Dominican houses in the area we are moving to have hot water). Basically, it’s perfect. The best part was that it’s about half of what we had budgeted! Thank God for answered prayers!



This will obviously help us in our month-to-month expenses, but we’re still looking for supporters in both our one-time gifts for move-in costs, and on a month-to-month basis.

I’m plugging away at my studies. I’ve pretty much wrapped up the Spanish class I was taking, and I’m over ½ done with ELL class. So I’m hoping to wrap up these last two classes before my birthday, and it looks like I’m on track. Please pray that I can be focused and diligent.

Also, we’re moving in a couple weeks. Our lease is up, and we’ll be staying with my parents until we take off in July. Pray that the moving goes without a hitch, and that it will be a good time of closeness with the family before we leave.

4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! That place looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great apartment! Looks like you may have room for the ol' folks when they visit. I'm excited for you guys!

    Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, You and Kiesha Sound like Matt and I. We are budgeting as well and have found a place half of out living out here. God defitnetly wants us on our knees waiting for his provision with joy, because we can trust he will supply according to his Will, FOR HIS GLORY! I will pray for his direct guidance all the way through! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have definitely been waiting and listening. The Caribbean is crazy because a lot of things are cheaper, but a lot of things are WAY more expensive. If we eat Dominican it will be relatively cheap, but if we eat the American foods that we're used to it'll cost more than it does up here. I'm learning a lot about my own culture as we price things out. Praise God we have a few weeks to adjust before my official duties at the school start! Jess, I hope & pray that it all goes well for you, Matt & Josephine!

    ReplyDelete