Saturday, May 14, 2011

Recalculations

So Eric and I have taken a look at our budgeting and found some items that needed updating, and the results were sobering! Unfortunately that means I have to raise my fundraising goals. I wish I could say that I was full of faith, but at the moment I am a little worried. I know that God is in control and that we have been called to this mission, so I am confident in the end result and scared of the process. It has been hard to put much energy into fund raising because I am also finishing my last term at PCC. So I really need to trust that God is speaking to people and directing funding my way.

Let me tell you about one of those girls… I have watched this girl grow up and she is an amazing person who wants to work hard and earn money to help her whole family. She is now 17 and is painfully aware of the poverty that she lives in. She has two years before she can finish her high school degree, only public school there means that she goes 2 or 3 days a week for a few hours. That is not much and outside of school there is nowhere for her to put her energy. When she began school she was attending the TEARS school in the barrio. The TEARS school is of a much higher quality than the public schools, only it stopped at 3rd grade. Eric and I have been planning on putting her into La Vega Christian school for her last two years so that she can finish strong and be prepared for college. She wants to be a teacher!

So if you hold one of my fundraising boxes please get the word out about these wonderful Dominican girls that need a chance to thrive in this world! Or if you haven’t given yet please do. If you cannot commit to giving monthly that is fine a one-time gift is wonderful and much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment