Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Coming Home

For those of you who haven't heard yet, we're coming home in June. The reasons are many and feel complicated, but it all comes down to missing home. Our family... our friends... our healthy way of life... these are things that simply are not available down here in the DR, so we are going to search for another method of helping TEARS and working with the people we have grown closer to over the past 6 months. Kisha will still be working for the ministry as liaison to North American supporters, and will also be learning how to write grants for TEARS as a non-profit ministry. We also have hopes of leading American groups to La Vega during summer breaks, helping people show and experience the love of God in meaningful ways.



We will be leaving for home by mid June, which means we're once again moving into transition. I have notified my employer about our decision, but I have to believe that moving out of a foreign country is a tad bit more complicated than just moving across town. There will be paperwork... fees... and long, emotional good-byes in a foreign language (that coincidentally doesn't seem so foreign anymore). Please pray for us as we start making another big transition.



I am trying to maintain a solid work ethic at SCS. It's not that easy considering the student mindset, but I want to give them the best I have for the remainder of the year. Though I haven't gotten as close with these students as I have in the past, parting is always such sweet sorrow, and I admit I'll miss some of them. They crack me up, for sure. Pray for energy and vision in my classes, that God will allow me to positively impact the student that need a touch from a Jesus follower that just happens to be a teacher.

I am grateful for all the support we've recieved. When I have felt crazy I know I can just pick up the phone and talk to someone who cares. I'm sure I'll need it again in the next 4 months, but I just want to take a moment and say THANK YOU to you guys who have talked me through this gig. You're awesome.

2 comments:

  1. We love you both and are thrilled you're coming home. Also, who let you on that horse? Awkward. Praying your light continues to shine and you are ready for awesome times on the homefront. There will be a period of transition and culture-shock then as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've seen enough transition in our family to know the awesome ways God works things out to get His will done in our lives. I am excited for you guys and will be praying for your transition back home.

    ReplyDelete