Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kisha's 11 Day Update

It was 11 days ago that I got on a plane and headed to the Dominican Republic… So how am I feeling and what has happened? Today I am tired. We had a problem with the water that started the day after we received our inverter. So we went from not having electricity to not having water! 2 days without water because it took us a whole 24 hours to figure out something was broken.

I have gotten to spend 2 days with Yuli, the girl from our photo cards, and that is a huge blessing! We are teaching her English and she is helping me with my Spanish. She is a beautiful and smart girl that I am so very proud of. Other than that I have spent time reconnecting with my friends here. The craziness will begin on Saturday though because a group is coming for 1 week, then a couple of ladies will be here right after that. Also Eric will start working and my days will change a lot. It has been great to spend so much time together before he starts his first year teaching which means lots and lots of hours preparing lessons and correcting papers.

As for my emotions… I just got off the phone with Pop, this was my first conversation with someone state side since we got here and I had myself a cry. I am starting to miss people but most of my emotions are pointed at my dog. I wish so bad that I could have Maynard here with me. So tonight I am sad. But I have been nothing but excited since we arrived. It is great to get emails from friends. That helps me to feel like I am still a part of my church. Thank you everyone for your support. Pray for me and my dog that we can be comforted in this time of separation.

1 comment:

  1. I actually think Maynard is starting to perk up. He definitely has latched on to Linda. He doesn't like being kept in the living room at night. He would rather be by our door but then Grandpa might trip over him when he gets up at night. Overall, he is doing better. Hope you guys enjoy the weekend and will talk with you soon.

    ReplyDelete