Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Good Friend


We had the opportunity to have a good friend over for lunch today. She has been living in La Vega for the past 9 years, working with TEARS in an administrative roll, and ministering to the community from the corner of 12th & Principal. Today we spoke a lot about logistics, what it's like to live in La Vega, what kinds of things to expect, and generally how to maintain sanity when living abroad. It's fun to try and get our heads around what we're about to do, but I think it's the sort of thing you just have to try and be flexible about when you get there. She looked over the budget that we have planned, and seemed to think it was a good amount to help us live a healthy life while we're down there. She gave us cooking tips, and promised to show us a couple places to eat out at. The above photo is taken from the house she lives in when she's down in the DR.

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOooo good to hear what's up and see some pictures! I miss you guys and am SO excited for you! is there a timeline? I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more! love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, there's a timeline. I just finished my last week at work, and now I'm focusing on the school credits that I need for maintaining my license. I will have to wrap that up by my birthday in June, and we’ll be taking off in mid July.

    ReplyDelete