Monday, May 14, 2012

Innocent Lives

Eric and I have started reading Philippians together. I thought I would share my reflections on Chapter 2.

What does it mean to live innocent lives? Does it mean to steer clear of vices that are taboo in our culture? I have to believe that it has more to do with how we treat each other. the context of this chapter is all about humility and unity. Have I really emptied myself? Given up my rights for what is good?! Do I complain and argue removing innocence from my life?

Living outside of the American individualism shows me just how far I have to go before I can really understand what it means to empty myself and not claim my rights so that others can know God the Father.

"

1 comment:

  1. Amen...One day the Lord spoke to me and said "we lay down our rights in the Kingdom of God" Totally reminded me of that word so many years ago!

    ReplyDelete