Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Adoption

We have a friend visiting with Travis/us. Daniel Whipple! I am supper excited to have him here for the month that he is here. It is always great to have someone from the outside looking in ask me questions to help me process life here in the Dominican Republic. The other night he asked me how I chose the kids that I did to love like my own. That is a great question.

How does one develop that special relationship with a kid that says I will be here for you no matter what? How do I become a trusted friend, a mentor to the youth in my life? I am not hip! I don't dress cool! I speak very poor Spanish... I am not the stereotype for what is pretty here... So what is it.

John 1:14 we read that God is Love!

The love of God is powerful it heals wounds and binds people together. Love is something that we all seek, something we all need. Love is the one thing I have to offer. These children adopted me. I did not adopt them. It is their love and need to be loved that has bound us together. I create in my house a place of peace where they can come to rest and to give and receive love.

No comments:

Post a Comment