Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Think I'm Ready



I think I'm ready for this first short week of school. I spent that last couple of days cleaning things out of the cupboards and tossing curriculum that was dated as old as 1987. I have 3 relatively solid plans for Wed-Fri, and what I learn about my students from these first few days will help shape next week. I am very excited to be back in the classroom full time, and I look forward to a very good year. The other middle school teachers are cool people, and I think we're going to make a good team. I intend to work closely with the other teachers, preparing students for the writing projects they will need to accomplish in the other classes. It's a fun and exciting challenge, and part of the reason I like teaching is figuring out what kids need to learn well.



Starting this year is a great deal easier than the first year I taught. I'm not nearly as nervous, and I think I'll be headed out to a friend's going away party in the barrio tonight. Our friend has been working with TEARS for 8 or 9 years, and is dearly loved by the people of Maria Auxiliadora. She will be missed, but I intend to keep her guitar good company while she's gone :0)

5 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need a good Sub :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that'd be a heck of a commute :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the woody the woodpecker tshirt gave your students a great first impression. :P But I wouldn't worry, after the students you put up with your first year of teaching, everything else will be cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenessa, it's okay to admit your nestalga... I know you wish you were in 8th grade all over again :0)

    ReplyDelete